Website redesigns are a complex endeavor regardless of the organization or the industry. Higher ed has its own unique set of challenges, as college and university websites often include thousands of pages of content and must appeal to a range of different audiences.
In a free web guide I produced for SiteImprove, I've outlined nine steps to follow when navigating a higher ed website redesign, which include:
- Set clear goals
- Know your stakeholders
- Define the purpose of your website
- Assemble a functional team
- Build buy-in across campus
- Keep track of your content
- Know who your competitors are
- Choose the right strategy, design, and development partners
- Create a website management plan
Although a website redesign can be complicated —following these steps can make a world of a difference.